Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Long Hot Winter By James Robert Webb- Article from CountryMusicLife.Com



Long Hot Winter By James Robert Webb
By: Dayne Shuda

A great new romantic song from newcomer James Robert Webb.

Every once in a while I’ll hear a song that really gets my attention.

That was the case the first time I heard Long Hot Winter an artist I had never heard before.


Check this one out because it’s something really cool.


Long Hot Winter – James Robert Webb

There are a few cool and different things about this. The first thing you’ll notice is the little Mexican influence with the horns or whatever they are at the beginning and throughout the song. I don’t know what those are, but it’s kind of cool.

The next thing about this song is the title. I have to think it’s a play on Keith Urban’s song Long Hot Summer. I can’t say for sure, but that’s my hunch anyway.

The concept of the song is that even though it might be cold outside during the winter there is something hot brewing indoors where these two lovers are falling in love. It’s a really cool love song. The groove and passion are there and it all matches really well with the voice of this country newcomer.

These are the kinds of songs that can surprise. I don’t know what the team is like behind James Robert Webb, but if his team is determined I think they can make some noise with this one on the charts. It’s really good and I’m sure people will like it.

What are your thoughts?

Chart Estimate: #25

CML Points: 86/100

No comments:

Post a Comment